Get in Touch
Contact Dogs Will Play in Concord, California
We’ll Care for Your Pup
There’s a reason people refer to dogs as man’s best friend. There’s so much to love about each individual dog, and at Dogs Will Play, we’ll ensure each individual need and consideration is met. We’ll love and care for your dogs as if they were our own. Get in touch today for any boarding, daycare or grooming service.
6:30 AM- 9:30AM | 4:30PM – 7:30PM
7:30 AM – 9:30 AM | 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Same-day Signature Spa Baths available. Grooming haircuts available by appointment. Please call for more details.
We’ll Care for Your Pup
New Applicant Form
New Applicant Form
Dear parents and guardians, these are some of the topics we may discuss during your dog’s assessment. It is through this that we acquire the understanding of your dog and family that enables Dogs Will Play to customize each member’s experience and care.
- Why did you decide to have your pet join the family?
- If you did not raise your dog from puppyhood, please describe what you know from your dog’s history (previous owners, treatment of dog).
- Was your dog adopted from the shelter?
- When was your dog spayed or neutered?
- Please describe a typical day for your dog (routine).
- Do you take your dog to regular vet checkups?
- Is your dog up-to-date on all vaccinations (distemper, bordetella, rabies)?
- Does your dog have any medical conditions?
- Is your dog prone to any illnesses (ear infections, skin problems, etc.)?
- Have you ever taken your dog to the vet for a medical concern (i.e. not a regular checkup)?
- Has your dog ever been diagnosed with Kennel Cough or any other contagious illness?
- Is your dog on flea treatment? If so, what kind/brand?
- How often do you administer the flea treatment?
- Do you regularly bathe your dog? If so, what products do you use and how often?
- Does your dog require a special shampoo (sensitive skin, medicated, etc.)?
- Do you get your dog groomed (i.e. haircut, sanitation trim)?
- How often are your dog’s nails trimmed?
- Do you trim your dog’s nails or do you have someone else cut them (vet, groomer, etc.)?
- Does your dog need to be muzzled for any grooming procedures (nails trimmed, groomed, bathed)?
- Please describe your dog’s personality (shy, dominant, timid, possessive, etc.).
- Do you allow your dog to be off-leash when outside the home (at the beach, dog park, etc.)?
- Has your dog ever been to a dog park?
- How often does your dog go to the dog park?
- How does your dog react to small dogs?
- How does your dog react to large dogs?
- Has your dog ever attempted to bite another dog in an aggressive manner?
- Has your dog ever been bitten by another dog in an aggressive manner?
- Does your dog show any leash aggression (aggressive behavior that only occurs when your dog is on leash)?
- How does your dog react when another dog physically tries to initiate play?
- What kind of games does your dog like to play? (Fetch, tug of war, hide-and-seek, etc.)
- Does your dog enjoy playing in water?
- Has your dog ever snapped at another animal?
- Does your dog chase little animals (such as squirrels)?
- Does your dog usually listen to you? If not, to who?
- How does your dog get your attention?
- Will your pet do anything naughty to get your attention (urinate, chew, bark, etc.)?
- How does your dog react to visitors that come into your home?
- How does your dog react to people outside the home (i.e. on walks)?
- Does your dog react positively to children?
Training and Behavior
- Have you trained your dog in basic obedience?
- What training techniques have you used?
- Have you ever used a professional trainer?
- If so, was it for general obedience or to correct a specific issue?
- What commands does your dog respond to?
- Does your dog show signs of separation anxiety?
- If so, is it from a specific person in the family?
- Is your dog crate-trained?
- Where does your dog stay while you are away from home?
- Have you ever been away and had to leave your dog in the care of somebody else?
- If so, did your dog stay at a boarding facility, a friend’s home or your home?
- Did your dog’s caretaker report any problems or concerns upon your return home?
- How many times does your dog eat in a day?
- When does your dog eat meals?
- What kind of food do you feed your dog (dry, wet, table scraps, part of your meal, bones, treats, etc.)?
- Does your dog have any allergies to food?
- Do you ever have to do something special to get your dog to eat (add hot water or wet food, etc.)?
- Will your dog eat anything?
- Is your dog territorial with food?
- How fast/slow does your dog eat?
- Does your dog usually finish everything in its bowl all at once?
- Does your dog know when to stop eating?
- Does your dog have a sensitive stomach?
- What gives your dog an upset stomach, and how have you treated it?
- How often does your dog drink water throughout the day?
Doggy Daycare FAQ
Checking in and Checking Out
Food and Medication
We’d Love to Hear From You
6:30 am – 7:30 pm
8:00 am – 9:00 am
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
1302 Galindo St, Concord, CA 94520